As you all know, we are expecting our third baby on June 20th. When we were pregnant with Myah and Tyler we opted not to find out their sex and instead be surprised ...(well.. ok, we did see Tyler's little hoo-ha on the ultrasound, but both pretended we didn't). Anyway, this time I had different feelings. The thought of having everything gone through, ready and organized just made me feel happy inside. The thought of rummaging through my storage unit finding the right clothes with a newborn and two others.. did not make me feel happy. I did agree it would be fun to not know and surprise the kids when the baby arrived... but my more practical side kicked in and won.
So on the 6th of February the kids and I met Jake at the River Falls Hospital for our ultrasound. The kids were excited. I was nervous. Being an OB nurse you know way too many things that can be wrong. I was simply praying for an intact, healthy baby.
The moment the tech put the ultrasound on my belly he whispered to me what it was. I waited awhile letting the kids watch before I revealed it. I was a little disappointed at how fast the tech went. The kids barely got to see the baby move. I know they have to get the shots and measurements while the baby cooperates, but I wish it would have been a little more catered to my littles.
So there you have it. We are going to be blessed with another little boy. I knew it was going to be a boy when Jake had a dream it was. He dreamt he saw his face, his hair ... he did that with Tyler too. Crazy.
I was kind of shocked at how I felt after finding out. I wasn't upset, I would love either a boy or a girl. I think I was disappointed I found out. Maybe because we hadn't before, maybe because I'm a crazy pregnant lady with over zealous hormones.. Who knows.
I was happy for Tyler. I was sad for Myah. It was silly. However, finding out certainly is different. When you don't know, you are in the moment and it just is what it is. I know it will be so nice to plan and have everything ready though. It's nice to refer to him as "your brother" to the kids. Makes it more real for them I think.
I could tell Myah was a little disappointed. She did want a sister. She acted very grown up during the ultrasound when she found out saying, "I don't care what it is. As long as it's healthy." She's obviously never heard that before! I was proud of her.
Her and I are already planning on how we will have so many fun girl dates just the two of us. She knows she's our special little girl. She is a little worried about being left with 3 boys while I work though, so it may be good that we found out so she has time to adjust and accept. The boys better be good to her while I'm working too!
Now we just need to decide where we are going to put this little boy and start rearranging the house. June feels far away, but I know it will be here before I know it. I've already told my bestie Katy that one of my "boys" is going to fall in love with her darling little Annie. Then we'll truly be tied for life and the best in-laws to each other's children. Sounds like a good plan right?
Have a great lovey day today. Hug your loved ones tight. Stay warm. Be grateful.
I know we are.

I love this post. Very honest, and real. So many emotions, especially when you're pregnant.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for the wedding. :)